Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cavo Thick as Thieves Release April 10th

Yep, April 10th Cavo drops the full cd! I am writing the review now as they have a listening party going on for the CD at http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds#/4 . So I am jamming it now and feel inspired to write a bit. I have reviewed Sounds From the Hollow EP  and given the first song "Thick as Thieves" a thumbs up! Also the third track, "Hold Your Ground" is on EP review. Both powerful rock songs with lyrics that display the ups and downs Cavo has been through over the past few years yet came through stronger.
I don't attempt to try to interpret what artists/bands lyrics or intended meaning for a song are. I believe songs should be open to listeners interpretation. But it has been discussed the ballad "California" included on this CD was lead singer's Casey Walker's emotional journey through the days after his father passed away. It is a touching song lyrically, and knowing that so much was put into that song on a personal level makes it very special in my opinion.
I also love "Circles" and "Give it Away" and what they make me feel when I listen to them. They are empowering lyrics and I love the harder side of Cavo, that is no secret ;) Actually most the heavier tunes on this CD are empowering, a lot of that comes from what the band came through in the process of the past few years. "War Within" is another display of their journey. Celebrity makes me feel like the guys were telling the internal struggle of the band growing into it's own. But I like to play it when I am angry! :-P
And probably a biased, but I absolutely LOVE Southern Smile, but can you blame a southern girl? ;)
I don't have the benefit with the online listening to know exactly who wrote and co-wrote what tunes on this CD yet, but I feel the flow of the CD is awesome, and really does tell a story and takes you into Cavo, as a whole, on a more personal level than their Bright Nights, Dark Days CD. I also think Casey, Chris, Pookee (Brian), and Chad explain this album better than anyone for us here, Get "Thick as Thieves" and take the CAVO journey!
Track Listing
1. Thick As Thieves
2. Give It Away
3. Hold Your Ground
4. California
5. Circles
6. Celebrity
7. Never Gonna Hurt
8. War Within
9. Last Day
10. Run
11. Southern Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment