Thursday, September 15, 2011

Staind Self-Titled Release 2011~Back to the Roots!

Alright no need to beat around the bush, the CD sure doesn't! Over the past 7 weeks there have been online streams, much promotion and buzz about Staind's newest release, simply titled "Staind". I love the idea this album is self-titled, as it seems the band has taken it back to their heavier roots (which I MUCH appreciate), making this simple self title SO appropriate.

As always, the songs lyrics are SO on point, no word seems to be out of place on the ENTIRE CD. I have always appreciated Staind's work with words, and this CD is no exception. From the angst, to the pain, it's all in this release. I have been listening to it heavily for several days now, and I am loving Mike's guitar work. The band as a whole seems SO in sync and Aaron sounds as good as ever!

As I was "on the twitter" (my non tweeps love to say this) I saw this tweet from Brandon Woolum @woolum stating...
"The new Staind CD is streaming. About 5 solid heavier songs, love it! I wish Aaron had made a country CD years ago"
I couldn't get the thought out of my head, that was as well as I could have stated ANYTHING about this CD.  If you still have question that this is not the harder Staind we all grew to love in the days of Dysfunction... I suggest you get this CD and give Paper Wings a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment